16 January 2010

Pretty in Portland

Last we spoke, I was in flight with Lopez to Portland for a meeting with the EXTRA affiliate station KOIN. I have to say, the staff at KOIN were some of the nicest people I've met on our travels, as well as the people of Portland. I had the chance to talk with a few of them about the blog and they all seemed to love it! Thanks for the support Portland! Not only was that great, but the EP of the station asked if I would be willing to come back to the station and do a segment on beauty for their "keep it local" show. Great news!!! Hopefully I'll be back in Portland soon, with Gapie of course, to do a beauty segment! Now, with that said, what would be a good look to focus on? Portland seemed to be a very down-home type of feel, so a dramatic, heavy makeup look I think would be out.

Years back I worked for Bobby Brown on the heels of a long run with MAC, so soft, subtle beauty is something that I can do and handle...however, Gapie, and not just saying it cause she my wife, but is by far the best "clean and polished" makeup artist I've ever met (awww, thanks Gapie!). So, more then likely she'll have a big say. With that said, Laura Mercia is one of the cleanest and nicest foundations on the market today. It goes on smooth and looks fantastic on, even after sitting for some time. I personally recommend the tinted moisturizer as a everyday base.

Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation, $42 (also comes in oil-free)



Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, $42 (also comes in oil-free)




Tif's Take:
I have to agree with you on the Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer, I love the oil-free, it has an spf 20 and gives great coverage. I like to apply it with a damp sponge so it doesn't absorb my precious product and applies it flawlessly. You can even take a lil' dab on your ring finger and pat it under the eye or on a small blemish for more coverage.

As for eye shadow, MAC pure pigment in "Naked" is gorgeous on the
eyes. Its light enough so it opens the eyes, but close enough to most skin tone
that blends well and looks even and polished. It has a small about of frost to
it, but not enough to really notice. Most people love it on the eyes and as a
high lighter on the cheek bone and inter cover of the eye.



Tif's Take:
MAC Nude Pigment is something that is ALWAYS in my makeup bag, I love this color! Also, if you are doing an all matte shadow on the eye and want to give a little twinkle to your lid, this color is sheer enough to layer on top as well.


A little liner and some mascara and you are good to go, that is for a real clean and fresh look...In Phoenix now, was in Vegas last night...that's a whole other story.
Saw some good makeup though, more evening looks that I tend to focus on. Its
funny when women find out I'm a makeup artist, some either shy away, or ask for
tips. Got some good tips on that as well. For know, its off to a Sun's game then
back to Gapie in the a.m. Miss you Gapie...til next time, and of course as all
ways, Gapie will do all corrections and elaborate on products mentioned as well
as her wonderful insight.

Best,

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena