05 January 2010

Off to the northwest...

As some of you my know, I (Rod) have to travel often. Flying from city to city, (missing my Gapie of course) I often feel like all the moisture is being sucked out of me on these long flights. Along with my new found phobia of germs, thanks to the mass amount of info that my beautiful wife has since warned me about...thanks Gapie, I often try not to let it bother me, however it has since stuck in my head, so I make every effort, when I do remember, to take the right precautions. Here is an all natural hand sanitizer that Gapie picked up for me for my trip.



Lopez and I are on a 4 city tour in 1 week. Portland, Sacremento, Vegas and finally Arizona. In case you didn't know, I work with my friend Mario Lopez doing his makeup. No, not name dropping, just fyi 'cause I know he'll be with me all week and he too follows the blog as well and likes most of the product we talk about. So, getting back to the hand sanitizer, its called "Clean Well" all-natural hand sanitizer. Its a spray and smells more minty then anything. I like the way it make my hands feel, clean and refreshed. Gapie will give you the low-down on the product in her next.

Tif's Take:
About 5 years ago, my good friend Irina went to a natural foods expo and came back with a bottle of this "Clean Well" hand sanitizer which she was kind enough to give to me, and I was immediately obsessed! I shopped all of LA looking for it when I ran out as it was extremely hard to find, but now I have seen it at the Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods Market and Target, which makes me so happy! It is everything I want in a hand sanitizer, first, it does not contain any crazy toxic chemicals such as triclosan and is safe to use on children, second, it is alcohol free, so it does not dry out your hands, third, it is able to kill 99.9% of germs! Instead of alcohol and triclosan , Clean Well uses Thyme oil, which is a natural antiseptic, along with other essential oils and aloe to moisturize your hands. The only drawback is the minty-herbal-citrus scent is not liked by everyone, but it sure beats the artificial "clean-powder-chemical-alcohol" scent of most others. So you might think something this good is going to be expensive, but it is not! A 1 oz bottle, which gives you 250 sprays, is between $3 and $4 depending on where you get it and can even be purchased online in bulk-once you too become obsessed! You should also check out Clean Well's hand sanitizing wipes and their other products too. It is definitely my favorite hand sanitizer on the market and I love that it it is good for you and the enviornment, usually I have several picks to get the job done, but in this category, this is my one and only.

I also love "Billy Jealousy" "Golden Gloves", $28.



Its a rich and creamy hand cream that locks in moisture...Also has a really cool name, the Golden Glove title, being a huge boxing fan, I gotta like that! Joking aside, I do really like the product to travel with because it get so dry in planes and in this cold weather. I'll leave you with that for now, later we'll get into maybe some face stuff, or what ever anyone would like to ask about. Right now I'm flying over Bakersfield, Lopez is crashed out next to me steeling the arm rest, small plane, rat bastard! Miss you Gapie, I'll send you this blog so you can correct all my gramer (grammar, not gramer, this is why he needs me lol), misspellings and punctuations. Til later.
Best
Rod

1 comment:

  1. Thanks guys! I actually need an all natural sanitizer. Us mommies use them around our little ones and with this one wecan actually use ON our little ones! GRACIAS! Happy travels Rod!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena